1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE HOLD?
- Information that you give us when filling in forms on our website, at events or fairs we may attend, corresponding by phone or email. The information you give us may include your name, postal address, email address, phone number(s) and details relating to other personal details that you choose to share with us.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, and operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our head office and staff members.
- If you are an Eve (Nene Valley Christian Family Refuge) employee, volunteer or service user we may also hold certain categories of sensitive information such as personal financial details, age, gender, marital status, date of birth, full employment and educational history, references, medical and criminal records.
2. HOW WILL WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- If you sign up for electronic newsletters we will use your information to send you news and information about Eve (Nene Valley Christian Family Refuge).
- To monitor and evaluate the services we provide. Any information provided to third parties for evaluation purposes is anonymised and we will seek separate permission to share this information.
3. WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- Only ‘Eve’ (Nene Valley Christian Family Refuge) staff that have a requirement to access your data can view and access it. Other authorised personnel (i.e. specific project evaluation partners) are able to access anonymised data for specific, agreed purposes.
- We may store your information on computers, in paper form, or both.
- All computers that store any personal data are password protected.
- Laptop computers and similar devices that contain confidential information are encrypted.
- Any paper files that hold personal information (other than names and contact details) are kept on secure premises in locked cupboards and filing cabinets.
- Information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site or app, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4. WHAT IS OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA?
Our legal basis for processing personal data is different depending upon the purpose it was collected for. The following list covers the main types of data that we hold, for a full list please contact email@example.com
- Data collected for Eve (Nene Valley Christian Family Refuge) news mailing and marketing lists is held on consent (unless otherwise stated).
- Data used in a manner that allows us to deliver our service(s) to you efficiency and securely.
- Data collected through our booking systems for the events and courses that we run is held for our legitimate interests or because of a contractual obligation to do so.
- Employee, volunteer and other relevant data records are processed to comply with legal and contractual obligations and to fulfil our legitimate interests as a charity.
- Some of your records may be held with your consent. Where we choose to hold such records on consent we will notify you of this when your data is collected and will ask for you to agree to this. We will also inform you how you can withdraw your consent if you wish to do so.
- Some data we may hold as the law requires in regards to safeguarding.
5. HOW LONG DO WE HOLD YOUR DATA?
- The length of time that we will retain your data will vary depending upon the purpose for which it is processed.
- Data that is held by us on consent is only kept for as long as we have your consent to process that data.
- For a full list of our data retention periods you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
Under UK legislation you have a number of rights about how your data is processed. Full details of your personal rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website – https://ico.org.uk/.
Your rights include the right to:
- Request access to the data we hold about you,
- Have inaccurate and incomplete data rectified,
- Have the personal data we hold on you deleted (except where we are required to hold the data by law),
- To restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Data that is held on consent will only be processed as long as we have your consent. To withdraw your consent you can contact us by emailing us at email@example.com.
7. OTHER WEBSITES
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- To allow you to carry information across pages of our websites and avoid having to re-enter information when you return to one of our sites;
- To measure our website traffic and analyse how our websites work. This will allow us to make changes to our websites in the future and make them easier to use;
- You can accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. Please note that if you disable all cookies then you may not be able to access some parts of our websites.