The Impact of Domestic on Children & Young People
This course requires some previous understanding of domestic abuse. It includes an overview of the impact of domestic abuse on children and young people. It also covers the impact whilst babies are in utero. This session helps to dispel myths about children’s ages and location in relation to domestic abuse and pushes the message that all infants, children and young people can be affected by domestic abuse right from an embryo to fetus. The half-day course includes interactivity, short video clips and a case study. It offers opportunities to explore the impact of domestic abuse on brain development and the long term effects of growing up in a home with domestic abuse. It also touches upon child contact arrangements.
- Consider the impact of domestic abuse on children and young people
- Awareness of latest, related statistics
- Gain an overview of the effects of domestic abuse on parenting capacity
- Understand how domestic abuse impacts on a child’s brain development
- Understand the long term effects on children witnessing domestic abuse
- Awareness of our response to children and young people exposed to domestic abuse
£50 for an individual. After you have RSVP’d we will be in touch to arrange for payment to be taken. Please contact us for a quote for a group booking or in-house training for your organisation.
Due to the current COVID19 pandemic, our training courses are being delivered online via Zoom. Joining link will be sent after confirmation of payment.
This training is also offered as a full day course which allows more in-depth information of individual topics, more case studies review and more video clips.
If you’re interested in the full-day training, kindly send an email to the training team at: email@example.com