Understanding Domestic Abuse
This domestic abuse training course provides an awareness of the dynamics of domestic abuse. We look at some key facts and current statistics on domestic abuse. This half-day training is suitable for those with no previous formal training in Domestic Abuse or those requiring a refresher on the subject. It is an introductory course packed with lots of information, some interactive exercises and a short video clip. It is suitable as a starter for non front-line staff and individuals who need a basic understanding of the dynamics of domestic abuse.
- Basic understanding of the dynamics of abusive relationships
- Awareness of various types and forms of domestic abuse
- Awareness of honour-based abuse and FGM in the UK
- Understand the basic impact of domestic abuse on victims/survivors
- Ability to identify domestic abuse indicators and ask questions effectively
- Awareness of basic assessment processes and referral pathways for victims or survivors of domestic abuse
- Capacity to be part of an effective multi-agency response to domestic abuse at a local and community level
£50 for an individual. After you have RSVP’d we will be in touch to arrange for payment to be taken. For large group bookings, or to book this training for your organisation, please contact us for a tailored quote.
There’s an option of a Full Day training for this course which allows for deeper exploration of the individual topics, more discussion around various case studies and video presentations.
Due to the sensitive nature of our work, we will provide details of the training venue after booking. Training will take place in the Northampton area.
We will contact you after booking to arrange payment.
For enquiries, please send an email to: email@example.com