Advanced Domestic Abuse Training
Half Day Course
This advanced domestic abuse training course provides in-depth knowledge and analysis of the effects of domestic abuse on the brain function and it’s influence on victims’ responses. The course follows on from our understanding domestic abuse training course and offers more in depth consideration of the dynamics of abusive relationships. The session is interactive with group exercises, videos and case studies using the DASH process. The course at this level is suitable for those who have completed the introductory training and are working on the front-line, managing front-line staff who work with victims and survivors of domestic abuse in any setting. It is also suitable for those who need a deeper understanding of the issues.
- Deepen knowledge of the dynamics of Domestic Abuse
- Understand the psychological and neurological impact of Domestic Abuse
- Consider the needs of children and young people
- Understand some victim responses
- Understand the likely changes in victim behaviour
- Understand Safety PlanningExplore offender behaviour and motivations
- Ability to complete a Risk Assessment using the DASH form
£50 for an individual. After you have RSVP’d we will be in touch to arrange for payment to be taken. Please contact us for a quote for a group booking or in-house training for your organisation.
Due to the sensitive nature of our work, we will provide details of the training venue after booking. Training will take place in the Northampton area.
We will contact you after booking to arrange payment.
This course is also offered as a Full-Day course. The full-day session allows for more time for discussions, more case studies, exercises and video clips, deeper understanding that will facilitate implementation of learning in the workplace.
Please enquire by sending an email to the training team at: firstname.lastname@example.org