We would be very grateful if you would like to help us give something to the families we support at Christmas, however, this year due to the pandemic we are having to work very mindfully of health and safety. In order to safeguard service users, staff and volunteers we have drawn up the following points with a view to keeping everyone safe.
- We would welcome gifts for women and children of all ages, for children, toys, books, games, puzzles – for women: toiletries sets, scarves, bags, jewellery, makeup sets, craft items, etc.
- We need to receive gifts Unwrapped so that suitable gifts can be apportioned to each individual, gifts are often added to another donation to provide a group of presents per child/adult. Unwrapping in order to re-wrap would expose staff and volunteers to further possible contamination.
- We will need to have items delivered or collected by no later than Friday 11 December, to allow for wrapping and quarantining gifts prior to being given to service users
- We would welcome donations of gift vouchers, the kind like One for All vouchers which include multiple shops to maximise choice would be appreciated in values of £5 or £10 so that they can be distributed equally to all.
- Sadly we will not be able to accept donations of second hand, pre-loved toys and gifts this year as we do not have adequate storage at our Centre and these gifts may increase contamination risks
We would like to thank you again for your support in the past and wish you a safe and healthy Christmas.